Wednesday marks the 75th anniversary of Japan’s formal surrender, ending World War II. Would today’s Americans be able to make the same sacrifices required of citizens of that time?
This Week's Circulars
Services: Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020, 2 p.m., at Pentecostal Memorial Gardens. Mr. Spears, 15, of Meridian, died Monday, Sept. 28, at Rush Foundation Hospital. Viewing: Wednesday, Sept. 30 from 5-6 p.m., at Berry and Gardner's OP Chapel.
Sarah Virginia McMillan Perritt, 83, of Quitman, Miss., passed away Sept. 25, 2020, at Anderson Regional Medical Center. She was born Oct. 26, 1936, to Douglas and Ruth (Smith) McMillan in Clarke County, Miss. Sarah was a member of the Meridian Church of God and later in life a member of the…
Services: Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020, 11 a.m., at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Mrs. Rush, 101, of Meridian, died Sept. 25, at her residence. Viewing: Tuesday, Sept. 29, from 5-6 p.m., at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home's OP Chapel.
- Body found in Meridian Sept. 3 identified
- Northeast Lauderdale senior remembered for smile, personality
- The Voice winner Todd Tilghman looks ahead to concert, book, recording
- The Meridian Star Readers Choice Man of the Year: Denton Farr
- Artist Charlie Busler's work matched bright, colorful personality
- With more students and aging buildings, space needed at Clarkdale
- State program will stream over 2 nights, with a live finals broadcast
- Leukemia doesn't stop Key Field's Darren McMullen from serving his country
- Players, coaches jelling has Kemper County experiencing early success
- Missing in Lauderdale County: What happened to Rebecca Paulk?