As a wheelchair user, very few playgrounds are accessible to Jeannie Null. Jeannie's parents, Julie and Jason, decided to change that and pushed the community to raise funds for Jeannie's Place at Planet Playground. The playground, designed for children of all abilities, will feature a wheelchair user swing and merry-go-round in addition to a steel slide for children with cochlear implants.
This Week's Circulars
MERIDIAN - Alfred Allen White, 63, passed away Friday, Feb. 21, 2020, in Douglas, Ga. He was the eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. W.J. White. He was an avid outdoorsman, talented musician, master carpenter and contractor.
Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mrs. Sarah N. Barfield, 82, of Meridian, who died Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020, at Rush Foundation Hospital.
A memorial service will be held at a later date for Joyce Wright. Mrs. Wright, 90, of Toomsuba, passed away Feb. 21, 2020, at UMMC. Family and friends can sign the online register at www.jamesfwebb.com.
Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mrs. Addie Lewis, of Chunky, who died Friday, Feb. 21, 2020, at her residence.
- Lauderdale County solar farm taints Lake Tom Bailey
- Meridian City Council President Tyrone Johnson ousted over residency dispute
- Meridian, Lauderdale County schools adopt 2020-2021 calendars
- GUEST VIEW: Breaking up medical teams will not solve physician shortage
- Caroline Prewitt, Jalyssiah Ott named Distinguished Young Women of 2021 for Lauderdale County
- Meridian City Council president denies living outside his ward
- Jennings, Meridian track team prepares for upcoming season
- 15 puppies abandoned outside Lauderdale County animal shelter in frigid weather
- Meridian native is an information warrior
- 2020 Premier Preps Boys Presented By Mississippi Power Soccer Team