Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 3:30 p.m. Monday and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday:
• Contempt of court — Wayne Horton, 22, 10415 Highway 19 North, Collinsville
• Contempt of court two counts — Marcus Dyron Coates, 22, 3801 Smith St. Coates is also charged with commercial burglary and possession of a stolen firearm.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 3:30 p.m. Monday and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday:
• Forcible rape — Paul Rainer, 37, 4738 Shiloh Vimvile Road. Rainer is also charged with sexual battery.
• Felony bad check, Gracie Tucker, 27, 140 Indian Hills Circle, Philadelphia
The Meridian Police Department issued the following incidents for April 29.
• 3000 block of Smith Street, a/c push, n/a, day time
• 2000 block of 15th Avenue, door entry, n/a, day time
• 2000 block of 10th Avenue, window entry, money stolen, unknown time
• At about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, a lone gunman entered the CEFCO store at 35th Avenue and 45th Street and attempted to rob it. He was unsuccessful and fled the scene on foot. The suspect was described as a black male, 5' 7" and 150 pounds and dressed in black with a bandanna covering his face.
Calls for service
April 29 — 142
• Marcus D. Coates, Residential Burglary, $10,000
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incident report for April 28.
• 1000 block of B Street
• 3000 block of Rawson Road
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs for April 29.
• EMS — 40th Avenue
• EMS — Oakland Heights Street
• EMS — Highway 11/80
• EMS — 71st Place
• Road Freight vehicle fire — A Street
• False alarm — North Hills Street
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire Departments report any following fire runs for April 29.
Metro Ambulance reported 42 runs from 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Meridian Police Department
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Services for Ricky Everett Roberson are Friday, 11 a.m., at Stephens Funeral Home. Burial will follow in First Baptist Collinsville cemetery. Mr. Roberson, 68, of Meridian, passed away Sunday. Friends may sign the online register at www.stephensfunerals.com.
Arrangements are currently incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Dannie Hodges, 80, of Meridian, who died Sunday, June 13, 2021, at Rush Foundation Hospital, Meridian.
QUITMAN [ndash] Graveside services for Mr. Chester Andrews will be Monday, June 21, 2021, at 2 p.m., at Archusa Cemetery, Quitman. Visitation: Monday, June 21, 2021, from 12-1:45 p.m. at Berry & Gardner Chapel, Quitman.
- Meridian barbers appear in independent film about race in America
- 2021 Premier Preps Baseball Team
- Local man charged with murder in May 22 shooting
- Lending a hand: Frank Washington's promise to late wife leads to joy, fulfillment
- Law Enforcement Reports June 14
- Plans underway to redevelop historic bus station where Freedom Riders stopped in Meridian
- Jason Smith credits assistants, players for West Lauderdale’s title
- Anderson utilizing new stent for cardiac patients
- West Lauderdale alumna Lucy Green hungry for more after Sweet 16 run during freshman season at Ole Miss
- Saturday's 'Concert for Elly' benefits adoptive family
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.