Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Contempt of court — Tommy Parker, 40, 933 48th Ave.
• Probation violation — Charlotte Broadway, 37, 3819 42nd St.
• Failure to pay child support, two counts — James Hearn, 38, 5605 Mosby Road
• False pretense — Shelley Tubby, 32, 111 Indian Hill Drive. Tubby also is charged with contempt of court.
• False pretense — Brandon Tubby, 20, address unavailable.
• False pretense — False pretense, Lois Tubby, 54, 694 Red Dog Road, Carthage
• Public drunk — Anthony Tauzin, 46, homeless. Tauzin also is charged with disturbing the peace, and use of profane language.
• Contempt of court — Karmetrick Sims, 23, 1706 25th Ave.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Driving under the influence, third offense — Joseph Autman, 23, Autman Road, Collinsville
• Domestic violence — Ed Woods, 53, 9598 Lakewood St.
• Motor vehicle theft, felony — Inge Alwell, 27, 3660 Ponta Drive, Lauderdale
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents for Tuesday.
• 1200 block of 44th Avenue
• 1300 block of 44th Avenue
• 1800 block of 11 South, 1992 Pontiac Bonneville, red, 424-LCR
• 800 block of 45th Street
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents for Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Lake Street, Meridian
• 9800 block of Highway 495, Meridian
• 2800 block of Russell Camp Road, Meridian
• 700 block of Briarwood Road, Meridian
• 2300 block of Freedom Baptist Church Road, Meridian
• 4900 block of Lakewood St., Meridian
The Meridian Fire Department and Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire Department’s runs were unavailable Wednesday.
Metro Ambulance made 42 runs between midnight 7 a.m. and 6:35 p.m. Wednesday.
Meridian Police Department
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Services for Ricky Everett Roberson are Friday, 11 a.m., at Stephens Funeral Home. Burial will follow in First Baptist Collinsville cemetery. Mr. Roberson, 68, of Meridian, passed away Sunday. Friends may sign the online register at www.stephensfunerals.com.
Arrangements are currently incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Dannie Hodges, 80, of Meridian, who died Sunday, June 13, 2021, at Rush Foundation Hospital, Meridian.
QUITMAN [ndash] Graveside services for Mr. Chester Andrews will be Monday, June 21, 2021, at 2 p.m., at Archusa Cemetery, Quitman. Visitation: Monday, June 21, 2021, from 12-1:45 p.m. at Berry & Gardner Chapel, Quitman.
- Meridian barbers appear in independent film about race in America
- 2021 Premier Preps Baseball Team
- Lending a hand: Frank Washington's promise to late wife leads to joy, fulfillment
- Common goal drove Hollingsworth sisters to win MAIS Class 2A state championship in doubles
- Law Enforcement Reports June 14
- Local man charged with murder in May 22 shooting
- Meridian’s McPhail embraced new hurdles
- Plans underway to redevelop historic bus station where Freedom Riders stopped in Meridian
- Jason Smith credits assistants, players for West Lauderdale’s title
- Jimmie Smith wins mayor's race in Meridian
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.