Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 p.m. Friday.
In some cases, the addresses of people placed under arrest were not available from the MPD; these people should not be confused with other people who might have similar names — but were not arrested by the police in the last 24 hours.
• Driving under the influence, first offense — Michael Tinker, 45, 3416 36th Court.
• Contempt of court — John A. Gilbert, 29, 1894 Eshee Road, Little Rock.
• Simple assault — Lushan Hampton, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — Lydia H. Adkins, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — John A. Lofton, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — Daniel N. Marshall, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — Mary C. Hunt, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — John G. Steverson, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 — Kristopher C. Powell, age and address unavailable.
• Interfering with police — Robert P. Adkins, age and address unavailable.
• Consumption of liquor under 21 —Steven R. Cook, age and address unavailable. Cook also is charged with escaping custody, petit larceny and giving false information.
• Contempt of court — Ronald D. Long, 41, 495 T.M. Jones Road.
• Trespassing — Chad Fuller, 18, 6246 Confederate Drive. Fuller also is charged with public profanity.
• Contempt of court — Travis Ruttley, 25, 3546 Knox Road.
• Contempt of court — Michael J. Ramsey, 20, 2427 Fourth Place, Apt. C-15.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 p.m. Friday.
• Felony bad check — Sonya Barlow, 33, 7043 Pine Springs Road.
• Possession of marijuana in a vehicle — Jason Windom, 21, 518 12th Ave.
• DUI, other substance — William Goodman, 18, 8761 Lizelia Road. Goodman also is charged with possession of marijuana in a vehicle.
• Felony motor vehicle theft — Cassandra Bridges, 40, 3105 Officer Road.
• DUI, first offense — Courtney Singleton, 21, 871 Murphy Drive. Singleton also is charged with disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and failure to yield to blue lights.
• DUI, first offense — Norvell Jackson, 19, 1615 Steadman, Starkville.
• Disorderly conduct — Leerick Wallace, 25, Toomsuba.
• Probation violation — Manuel Keys, 45, 1415 College Drive.
• Possession of cocaine — Yvette Jones-Herrington, 45, Deville Apartments.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents that occurred Thursday.
• 4600 block of King Road
• 400 block of Highway 19 North
• 2200 block of Highway 45 North
• 1300 block of 28th Avenue
• 3000 block of Valley Street
• 500 block of C Street
• Parking lot of Meridian Community College
Calls for service: 155
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents that occurred Thursday and Friday.
• 2100 Russell Mount Gilead Road
• 11000 block of Hill Thompson Road
1000 Aycock Road
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following runs for Friday.
• Grass fire — Eastern Gardens
• Cooking fire — 37th Street
• Accident — 19th Street
• Controlled burn — 22nd Street
• Emergency medical service — 61st Court
• Emergency medical service — 47th Avenue
• Emergency medical service — Highway 19 North
• In-flight emergency — Highway 11 South. A plane that was attempting to land at Meridian’s Regional Airport reported problems on Friday, but the plane landed without incident.
The Lauderdale County volunteer fire departments reported the following runs for Friday.
• Structure fire — Highway 19 North (Suqualena, Collinsville, Bailey)
• Emergency medical service — Morgan Road (Lost Gap)
• Emergency medical service — Fisher Road (Clarkdale)
• Emergency medical service — Highway 496 (Toomsuba)
• Grass fire — Wilsondale Road (Collinsville, Suqualena)
Metro Ambulance made 33 runs between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Friday.
Meridian Police Department
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Mrs. Gloria Smith, age 93, of Meridian, Miss., passed away on Thursday, June 24, 2021, at Diversicare of Meridian. Robert Barham Family Funeral Home is honored to be entrusted with the arrangements. For service information, please visit www.robertbarhamffh.com.
In keeping with the wishes of Mr. Richard Lee Martin and his family, there will be no services. Mr. Martin, 63, of Meridian, died Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at Rush Foundation Hospital, Meridian.
Graveside services will be Friday, June 25, 2021, at 2 p.m., at Pack Cemetery with Pastor Paul Clayton officiating. Berry and Gardner in charge of arrangements. A viewing will be held at the cemetery prior to services.
Services for Mr. Paul Richards will be Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 2:30 p.m., with visitation from 2-2:30 p.m. at James F. Webb Funeral Home. To view the full obituary go to www.jamesfwebb.com.
- 2021 Premier Preps Softball Team
- Angela McQuarley named principal of Meridian High following Griffin's resignation
- Law enforcement reports for June 23
- Rush Health Systems to merge with Ochsner Health
- Willis, Sanders helped Neshoba Central to another title in fast-pitch
- District 5 finishes as runner-up in State Games All-Star baseball tournament
- Teen helps out at nursing home for Eagle Scout project
- EMCC to offer heavy civil construction program
- Telehealth becomes vital tool during COVID-19 pandemic, connecting patients to doctors
- Briarwood hosts annual Downtown Optimist Club junior golf clinic
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.