Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 6 a.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday:
• Felon carrying a concealed weapon - Damaino L. Moffite, born in 1982, 302 3rd Ave., Meridian. Moffite is also charged with an attempted crime.
• Simple assault - Dylan Swearingen, born in 1993, 8824 E Parkway S Lauderdale.
• Simple assault - Mckenzie Caine, born in 1999, 200 N Hills St. Apt. D, Meridian. Caine is also charged with simple assault threat/two counts.
• Driving under the influence/other - Courtlyn Fairchild, born in 1998, 136 CR 346, Quitman. Fairchild is also charged with possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia.
• Telephone harassment - Hannah Smith, born in 1997, 1066 CR 353, Enterprise.
• Disorderly conduct - Homer G. Gallops, born in 1965, 19707 Hwy. 280 Smith Station, Ala.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Thursday to Friday:
• Meridian Police responded to 2 shots fired calls but when officers arrived on scene, there wasn’t any evidence found to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests from 8:44 a.m. Thursday and 8:43 a.m. Friday.
• Suspended driver’s license - Jessica Cerese Culpepper, 36, 4444 Hwy. 19S, Meridian. Culpepper is also charged with seat belt violation, insurance card law in the vehicle, expired tag, unauthorized use of a vehicle (joyriding).
• Domestic violence/felony - Jareigus Vashawn Dixon, 32, 616 33rd Ave., Meridian.
• Attempted murder - Damaino Lashawn Moffite, 37, 302 3rd Ave., Meridian. Moffite is also charged possession of a weapon by a felon.
• Felony/DUI/fourth offense - Darrin Moffite Jr., 50, 107 71st Place, Meridian.
• Sexual battery - Christopher Paul Ordone Sr., 34, 10226 Lynwood Drive, Meridian.
• Domestic violence - Kathryn Star Winfield, 38, 9576 Gun Log Road, Bailey. Winfield is also charged with MS Compulsory School Attendance Law.
• Domestic violence/simple assault - Tristen Kanielle Winfield, 20, 9576 Gum Log Road, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents from Thursday through Friday:
• Extension Rd.-York Road, Meridian.
• S Frontage Road, Meridian.
• Russell-Mt. Gilead Road, Meridian.
• Gum Log Rd., Bailey.
The Meridian Fire Departments reported the following calls from Thursday through Friday:
• Lock in, South Frontage Road.
• Medical assist, North Hills St.
• Outside fire, Sweet Gum Bottom Road.
• Power line down, 34th St.
• Overheated motor, Country Club Drive.
• Power line down, Windover Circle.
• Assist governmental agency, Hwy. 39N.
• Vehicle accident, Interstate 20.
• Vehicle accident, 19th St.
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire Departments reported the following calls from Thursday through Friday:
• Brush fire, Mayatt Road (Martin).
• Assist, Hwy. 494 (Collinsville).
• Assist, Suqualena Road (Suqualena).
• Assist, Dunrovin Road (Clarkdale).
Metro Ambulance reported 43 emergency runs Friday at 2 p.m.