Several events are planned around East Mississippi and West Alabama to celebrate the Fourth of July. Here's a list of where you can go to watch fireworks and parades and enjoy food, music and activities.
East Mississippi/West Alabama
• July 3 - Turkey Creek Independence Day Celebration, 142 Parkway Drive, Decatur, 5-10 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9 p.m. Admission is $10 per vehicle. Decatur Volunteer Fire Department will be selling hamburgers and hot dogs, along with Mr. Mike’s Frozen Yogurt.
• July 3 - Archusa Creek’s annual Fourth of July Celebration from 6-10 p.m. Bring the family for live music, boat parade, food and lots of good old fashioned fun. Fireworks at 9 p.m. $10 per vehicle.
• July 4 - The Kemper County Chamber of Commerce along with the Kemper Historical Society will have its July 4 celebration at the Kemper County Courthouse. There will be a presentation of the Sonny Montgomery Patriotic Award immediately followed by the unveiling of the new Rubin Kemper historical marker on the east side of the courthouse.
• July 4 - Causeyville Community Club Freedom Fest, starting at noon. The Little Miss Freedom Fest pageant begins the activities, followed by a talent show. Bring your food, friends, and family, or enter a BBQ cook off contest. The kids can enjoy games, inflatables, water slides, live music, and fireworks. Are you a firefighter? There is a BBQ cook-off just for your fire station. Come claim the title of “Most Smokin Firehouse.”
• July 4 - The city of Demopolis, Ala., will have Freedom on the River 2019 from 3-10 p.m. at Demopolis City Landing. Food vendors, children’s games, children’s patriotic parade, and fireworks.
• July 4 - City of Meridian Fourth of July Celebration at Bonita Lakes, Gates open at 3:30 p.m., food vendors open at 4 p.m. Fireworks show, food, entertainment. Music by Kenny Suire and Friends. Parking available at Bonita Lakes and Bonita Lakes Mall - Free Shuttle at Tuesday Morning parking lot starting at 5:30 p.m. FMI: 601-485-1944.
• July 4 - Calling all Kids! Jump Into July Kids Celebration Station with inflatable jumpers on the front lawn of Silver Star Resort Casino in Philadelphia. There will be a large movie screen in the Promenade, and refreshments from 5-7 p.m. Free event.
• July 4 - Fireworks Spectacular at Pearl River Resort in Philadelphia starts at 9 p.m. Free admission - open to all ages.
• July 3 - Annual Fourth of July Fireworks Show at Lake Tiak-O’Khata in Louisville. Join the annual red, white, and blue parade at 6 p.m. and the annual 4th of July Fireworks Show at 8:30 p.m.
• July 4 - Canton Balloon Fest 2019 - Celebrate America Balloon Glow at Northpark Mall in Ridgeland, with country music artist Phil Vassar, opening act Burnam Road, 6-10 p.m. - Watch the hot air balloons glow at sunset and then our amazing firework’s show at the end of the night. The event is free and open to the public.