Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 5 p.m. Thursday.
In some cases, the addresses of people placed under arrest were not available from the MPD; these people should not be confused with other people who might have similar names — but were not arrested by the police in the last 24 hours.
• Simple assault — Morris W. Miles, age and address unavailable. (Miles’ arrest appeared on Monday’s docket at the MPD.)
• Resisting arrest — Early Brown, 47, 1515 45th Ave. Brown also is charged with disorderly conduct.
• Contempt of court — Tommie Reed, 28, 5672 Cooper Circle. Reed also is charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and giving false information.
• Felony false pretense, two counts — Joseph Coleman Jr., age and address unavailable. Coleman also is charged with fraudulent use of identification.
• Trespassing, third offense — Cedric Lanier, age and address unavailable.
• Trespassing, third offense — Cedric Sheffield, age and address unavailable.
• Possession of marijuana, less than one ounce — Johnny Brewster, age and address unavailable.
• Public drunkenness — Lonnie Prather, age and address unavailable.
• Domestic violence (simple assault) — Lance Wilson, age and address unavailable.
• Contempt of court — Sharlondra R. Glass, 27, 4327 Fifth St.
• Contempt of court — Doris R. Weir, age and address unavailable.
• Interfering with police — Ronthrell L. Davis, 30, 1618 29th Ave.
• Contempt of court — Jareiqus Dixon, 19, 616 63rd Ave.
• Contempt of court — Paul Stancil, 38, 8111 King Road.
• Contempt of court — William A. Abston, age and address unavailable.
• Contempt of court — Joseph D. Hull, 30, 3220 11th Place.
• DUI, first offense — Shannon Haney, 22, 296 Plantation Road, Melvine, Ala.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 5 p.m. Thursday.
• Burglary of a commercial building — Michelle Stewart, 37, 8965 Westwood Drive. Stewart also is charged with contempt of court.
• Felon in possession of a weapon — Pharis Davis, 34, 2281 Russell Mount Gilead Road. Davis also is charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.
• Simple assault — David Dearman, 25, 2522 Freedom Baptist Church. Dearman also is charged with malicious mischief and trespassing.
• Possession of marijuana — Heather Harper, 30, 3355 Highway 11/80, Toomsuba.
• Felony driving under the influence — Gena Hastings, 43, 9089 Twitley Branch Road, Collinsville.
• Contempt of court, two counts — Michael Reed, 25, 4482 Shelby Gresett Road, Toomsuba. Reed also is charged with possession of marijuana in a vehicle, fleeing and eluding in a motor vehicle, and DUI.
• Probation violation — Marquez Harris, 31, 408 47th Ave.
• Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute — Rhett Rivers, 27, 10771 Highway 15 South, Union. Rivers also is charged with sale of methamphetamine.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents that occurred Thursday.
• Value Fair Mall
Calls for service: 138
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents that occurred Thursday.
• 7600 block of Woodridge Circle
• 5000 Wright Spur Road, Toomsuba
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following runs for Thursday.
• Emergency medical service — West Gate Hills Drive
• Carbon monoxide detector — Manning Street
• Emergency medical service — North Hills Street
• Vehicle accident — 60th Avenue
• Emergency medical service — 63rd Place
• Emergency medical service — 38th Avenue
• Emergency medical service — Highway 493
• Emergency medical service — Old Marion Road
The Lauderdale County volunteer fire departments reported the following runs for Thursday.
• Brush fire — Luther Ray Cobb Road (Center Ridge)
• Brush fire — Shiloh Vimville Road (Vimville)
• Brush fire — Lost Horse Road (Northeast)
• Pole fire — Raymond Cobb Road (Center Ridge)
• Vehicle accident — Raymond Cobb Road (Center Ridge)
• Vehicle accident with injuries — Lauderdale Toomsuba Road (Toomsuba)
• Emergency medical service — Frederickson Road (Northeast, Marion)
• Brush fire — Wilsondale Road (Collinsville)
• Brush fire — Kemper County (Martin)
Metro Ambulance made 32 runs between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursday.
Meridian Police Department
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
FOLEY, Ala. [ndash] Graveside services for Inna Belle Van-Austin, will be Saturday, April 10, 2021, at 11 a.m. in Emelle, Ala. She passed away March 26, 2021, in Foley, Ala. Arrangements by Bumpers Funeral Home of York.
STARKVILLE - Sharon Dexter Henson, 76, entered the gates of Heaven on March 29, 2021, after having lost her hard battle with cancer. She is survived by her two children, Rodney Henson and wife Susu of York, Ala., Shannon Henson Morris and husband Mike Mathews of Prosper, Texas; three grandch…
PACHUTA [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry & Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Jerry Robinson, 85, of Pachuta, who died Wednesday, April 7, 2021, at Rush Foundation Hospital, Meridian.
Born Jan. 24, 1974, Meridian Miss. and died April 5, 2021, Meridian Miss. She is survived by Richard Anthony Reede; her son, Rick Austin Reede; her sister, April Gower Hardin (Jason) of Atlanta; brother, Van Gower of Hattiesburg. Miss., Lisa Reede Covington, Mrs. Angela Reede Daniels (Dale) …
- Building collapses on 23rd Ave. in Meridian
- Matt Boone hired as Lamar's new athletic director
- Traffic stop results in multiple charges for Newton County man
- ELECTION 2021: Preliminary results for municipal primaries in Meridian
- Despite youth, Eason making presence felt on Russell Christian's varsity team
- Meridian man charged in drug case
- FIRST CLASS: Top 10 over Fifty honored in Meridian
- Meridian businessman Hardy Graham remembered for generous spirit
- Quitman man charged in rape case
- Law enforcement reports for April 8-9
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.