Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 3 p.m. Friday.
• Public drunkenness — Tony Willis, 36, 106 Dixon Road, Carthage.
• Contempt of court — Jacoby Ramsey, 24, 2111 34th Ave.
• Possession of paraphernalia — Willie Rush, 58, 1027 24th Ave.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following suspected non-traffic violations between 4:20 p.m. Thursday and 3:55 p.m. Friday. The following suspected violations include arrests made by the East Mississippi Drug Task Force.
• Sale of cocaine — Gregory Pruitt, 24, 2711 11th St.
• Driving under the influence, first offense — Jerry Toole, 45, 912 46th Ave.
• Public drunkenness — Porsha Bishop, 18, Briarwood Trailer Park.
• DUI, felony — Purvis Burrage, 24, 101 38th Ave. Burrage is also charged with simple assault.
• Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute — Sean Pearson, 35, 1901 33rd Ave. Pearson is also charged with bad check.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents for Thursday.
• 2700 block of Sixth Street
• 600 block of 21st Street
Calls for service: 117
The Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incident for Friday.
• 9100 block of Church Road, Collinsville
Fire runs for the Meridian Fire Department were unavailable for Friday.
The Lauderdale County volunteer fire departments reported the following runs for Thursday and Friday.
• Tractor fire — Dixie Highway School Road (Toomsuba)
• Emergency medical service — Oxford Road (Center Ridge)
• Grass fire — Skipper Road (Northeast, Marion)
• Motor vehicle accident with injuries — Highway 145 (Clarkdale)
• EMS — Highway 19 North (Collinsville)
Metro Ambulance made 47 runs between 7 a.m. and 4:20 p.m. Friday.
Meridian Police Department
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Graveside services for Mr. James Ludgood Sr. will be Monday, April 19, 2021, at 11 a.m., at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Newton. Viewing: Sunday, April 18, from 4-5 p.m. at Berry & Gardner OP Chapel, Meridian.
Funeral services for Mrs. Juanita McClelland will be Saturday, April 17, 2021, at 12 p.m. in the Chapel of Enterprise Funeral Home. Viewing will be two hours prior to services. Burial in Sunset Memorial Garden.
Arrangements were incomplete at Berry & Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Leon Smith, 70, of Meridian, Miss., who died Thursday, April 15, 2021, at his residence.
- Meridian man faces felony escape charge
- Law enforcement reports for April 13-14
- Meridian man charged in drug case
- Meridian gas station features new bitcoin ATM
- FIRST CLASS: Top 10 over Fifty honored in Meridian
- Law enforcement reports for April 8-9
- New Lauderdale County Animal Shelter nears completion
- Northeast Lauderdale heading to regionals with eye on 4A title
- Law enforcement reports for April 12
- Northeast Lauderdale's Walker grateful to sign with Hamline after suffering ACL tear in senior season
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.