The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 247 new cases of COVID-19 in Mississippi Sunday.
Three men and one woman who were taken into custody Friday are facing multiple charges after investigators searched a property in Meridian, the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department said.
Gov. Tate Reeves amended restrictions Friday that will allow outdoor entertainment venues such as race tracks and water parks, to open at no more than 50 percent capacity, starting Monday, May 25.
From the pulpit to the stage, Meridian pastor Todd Tilghman never dreamed he would be crowned the champion of a national singing competition – NBC’s “The Voice.”
The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 402 new cases of COVID-19 in Mississippi Friday, the second highest daily increase in cases.
For as long as he can remember, Van McCarty said he has spent Memorial Day with other military veterans at the Lauderdale County Courthouse.
Amid growing concerns about the rise in COVID-19 cases, The Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians on Thursday declared a state of public health emergency.
An aggravated assault charge for a suspect in a December 2019 shooting death was dropped during a preliminary hearing Thursday in Meridian Municipal Court.
The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 21 new cases of COVID-19 in Lauderdale County Thursday, for a total of 637 and one additional death, for a total of 47 deaths.
Chancery Court Judge Charles Smith had just stepped away from his truck at the Lauderdale County Courthouse on the morning of March 16 when he said he heard a boom he thought was a lightning strike.
The staff of Marine Aviation Training Support Squadron One is heading up a base-wide blood drive from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both Friday and Saturday at Naval Air Station Meridian.
Meridian pastor Todd Tilghman brought home the coveted title of “Champion” in season 18 of The Voice Tuesday night.
STARKVILLE — The Mississippi Department of Education is temporarily waiving some requirements for students applying to enter Mississippi State University’s teacher education and administration preparation programs, as well as waiving licensure exams for certification through Dec. 31, 2021.
SCOOBA — East Mississippi Community College has been awarded a $5,000 grant that will be used in part to create a drive-through food pantry for mothers who reside in Kemper County.
• The Lauderdale County School District is providing free to-go breakfast and lunch for children up to 18 years old. Children do not have to be a Lauderdale County student but must be present to claim their meal. No identification is required. Meals are distributed 11 a.m - 1 p.m. Monday - …
One day while shadowing a nurse anesthetist, Meridian Community College sophomore Katilyn Mowdy’s attention was drawn from the anesthetist to the nurse assisting the surgeon.
Meridian’s Todd Tilghman wowed the judges once again as the Top 5 contestants delivered their last performances on the season finale of The Voice Monday night.
After handing out 15,000 community masks in two hours Saturday, Lauderdale County officials have ordered 20,000 more masks for the public.
This Week's Circulars
JASPER COUNTY [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Ms. Mary L. Watts, 91, of Jasper County, who died Friday, May 22, 2020 at her residence.
MERIDIAN [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mrs. Maxine Mosley, 61, of Meridian, who died Friday, May 22, 2020 at Rush Foundation Hospital.
MERIDIAN [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mrs. Lizzie Dean, 93, of Meridian, who died Friday, May 22, 2020 at Anderson Regional Medical Center.
MERIDIAN [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Gregory Lewis, 60, of Meridian, who died Sunday, May 17, 2020 at his residence.
STONEWALL [ndash] Arrangements were incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Stanley Doby, 57, of Stonewall, who died Thursday, May 21, 2020 at Rush Foundation Hospital.
- Meridian’s Todd Tilghman wins 'The Voice', remains humble in thanking community
- Rush respiratory therapist survives after 9 days on ventilator
- OUR VIEW: Todd Tilghman a worthy and needed champion for Meridian
- Pastor Todd Tilghman: Meridian's man behind 'The Voice'
- Chancery Court Judge Charles Smith returns to work for first time since March shooting
- Assault charge dropped in shooting death at Meridian gas station
- Meridian’s Todd Tilghman takes fans back to his roots on 'The Voice'
- Lauderdale County Deputy Sam Upchurch honored for saving judge's life
- Meridian’s 6-foot-6, 390-pound lineman Jydarius Tell to play college football in Minnesota
- MCC honors Circle of Excellence students