Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
This Week's Circulars
James Edward Murphy, 73, of Toomsuba, Miss., passed away Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at Anderson Regional Medical Center. A Celebration of his life will be held later. Friends may sign the online register at www.stephensfunerals.com.
Graveside services for Mrs. Mealetha Stidmon are Monday, July 26, 2021, at 2 p.m., at Sunset Cemetery, Meridian. Visitation: Sunday, July 25, 6-7 p.m., at Berry & Gardner OP Chapel, Meridian. Arrangements entrusted to Berry & Gardner.
- Threefoot Hotel to feature restaurant, rooftop bar, Starbucks
- COVID-19 cases rise again in Lauderdale County
- Like magic, massive mural appears at Cater's Market in Meridian
- Gowdy giving plenty of life lessons at Northeast Lauderdale’s summer workouts
- Law enforcement reports for July 19
- New flooring next upgrade for Meridian gymnasium
- Three-year-old killed in accidental shooting
- Meridian's Lamar McDonald remembered as kind, loyal
- Kevin Roberts Jr. focused on defensive flexibility, even with lively fastball
- Numbers up at this year's MCC youth soccer camp
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.