Here’s a look at upcoming events at Lamar School:
• Thursday — Baccalaureate, 7 p.m., First Baptist Church. Jason Harms, speaker.
• Friday — Graduation, 7 p.m., First Baptist Church. Way Rutherford, Class of 1996, speaker.
• March 16 — Elementary Awards Day (kindergarten to grade 4), 8:30 a.m., cafetorium
• May 17 — Fifth Grade Graduation, 5:30 p.m., cafetorium
• May 19 — Last day of school.
Here’s a look at upcoming events at Meridian Community College. For information, call Tiffany Harper, (601) 484-8856, unless otherwise noted:
• Thursday — Spring Choral Concert, 7 p.m., McCain Theater, Ivy Hall. For information, call Tammy Miles, (601) 484-8851.
• Today and Thursday — Final exams.
• Thursday — JumpStart Program graduation, Dulaney Room, Webb Hall. For time of ceremony, call Gail Young, (601) 481-1326.
• Friday — Associate Degree Nursing Program ceremony, McCain Theater, Ivy Hall, 1:30 p.m. For information, call Lisa Jenkins, (601) 484-8684.
• Saturday: MCC Spring Graduation, 10 a.m., Meridian High School Ray Stadium. For information, call Quinn Carlisle, (601) 484-8707.
Here’s a look at upcoming events at Mississippi State University-Meridian Campus:
• Expressive Therapy Institute Workshops: Today, “Abuse Interventions,” Dr. Marian Swindell, moderator; and June 7, “Conflict Management,” Dr. Julia Porter and Dr. Ingrad Smith, moderators.
For information, call Dr. Julia Porter at (601) 484-0184 or (800) 824-5288; or e-mail email@example.com.
Here’s a look at upcoming events at other campuses:
• East Mississippi Community College offers yearbook and newspaper scholarships for entering freshmen on the Scooba Campus. The yearbook needs an executive editor and several section editors, and the newspaper needs staff writers. Scholarships vary depending on the position. High school students with an A or B in English who would like to join either staff should contact adviser Kelly Atwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 476-5066.
• Friday — Barbecue chicken plate fund-raiser sponsored by the Newton County High School Beta Club at the school campus. Proceeds will go toward expenses for a trip to the State Beta Convention in North Carolina in June. The NCHS Beta Club will represent Mississippi in the national competition. To purchase a ticket, call (601) 986-4381 or (601) 986-2777.
• Friday — Pinning ceremony for graduates of East Central Community College’s Associate Degree Nursing program, 2 p.m., Huff Auditorium on the Decatur campus.
• May 13 — East Central Community College Commencement, 11 a.m., Neshoba County Coliseum, Philadelphia.
• May 20 — “First Steps to Business” workshop, from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. For information, call (601) 635-2111 or (877) 462-3222, ext. 296 or 297.