Andrew White Jr.
Services for Andrew White Jr. will be held Monday at 10 a.m. at Barham Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in Forest Lawn Cemetery with Barham Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.
Mr. White, 81, of Meridian, died Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009, at Sterling House (Assisted Living) in Columbia, Tenn. He had been a resident there since August of 2009. He was born in Newton County on August 23, 1928. He married Betty Jo Morgan of Meridian in May of 1948. After having their first child, Letha, the family moved to Westwego, La. where he worked as a crane operator for McDermott Inc. for 35 years. After retirement, he and Betty moved back to Meridian in 1985. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War I and became a lifetime member of the VFW Post 79 in Meridian, where he was an active member for over 20 years.
He is survived by his daughters, Letha Fleischer of Tennessee, Bettie White of Florida and Ann Wallace of Florida; three granddaughters; five great-grandchildren; one brother; and two sisters.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Betty, after 55 years of marriage.
Honorary pallbearers will be members of the VFW Post 79.
In lieu of flowers, friends and family may donate to The American Cancer Society.
Visitation will be Sunday, from 2 p.m.-5 p.m. at Barham Funeral Home.
Andrew White Jr.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
Funeral services for Mrs. Hilda Juanita Mangum will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 24, 2021, at Robert Barham Family Funeral Home, with Bro. Greg Mangum and Dr. Justin Qualls officiating. Burial will be held at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens. Robert Barham Family Funeral Home is honored t…
On Saturday, June 19, 2021, Emmett Colon Mitcham Jr. died at Rush Foundation Hospital. He was a true gentleman; He loved God, his family, his church, and his work. Emmett was kind-hearted and quick-witted, often making up songs to describe his current situation. To him, work was the joy of a…
Services for Leonard "Sonny" Inman Morgan will be held Tuesday, June 22, 2021, at 2 p.m., at James F. Webb Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Magnolia Cemetery. Mr. Morgan, 90, of Meridian, passed away on Friday, June 18, 2021, at Brookdale Assisted Living Facility. Sonny, also known as "Po…
Arrangements are currently incomplete at Berry and Gardner Funeral Home for Mr. Ben Davison, 89, of Meridian, who died Friday, June 18, 2021 at Rush Foundation Hospital, Meridian.
- Local man charged with murder in May 22 shooting
- Rush Health Systems to merge with Ochsner Health
- Daulton Nelson signs with ECCC golf to continue family tradition
- City's to-go cup policy extended from three to six days
- Law Enforcement Reports June 14
- Lending a hand: Frank Washington's promise to late wife leads to joy, fulfillment
- District 5 finishes as runner-up in State Games All-Star baseball tournament
- Juneteenth returns to Meridian Saturday
- West Lauderdale alumna Lucy Green hungry for more after Sweet 16 run during freshman season at Ole Miss
- MIKE GILES: Collinsville's Mosley roars into 5th place at the Bassmaster Classic
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.