LAUDERDALE — The 76th Semi-Annual Ralph Morgan Rodeo was on display Friday and Saturday, with fans from the surrounding area flocking to the Ralph Morgan Arena to cheer on some of the best rodeo competitors from around the country.
“We had a great turnout last night, and it looks great tonight,” said Linda Clayton, who oversees advertising and marketing for the Ralph Morgan Rodeo. “We have about 2,500 people a night.”
The event marks the 38th year that the rodeo has visited Lauderdale.
“It’s a great event,” Clayton said. “It’s a good family event. It serves kind of like a reunion for people. They come twice a year and get to see each other, and just have an overall great time.”
One hundred and eighteen cowboys competed in seven different events, including calf roping, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, bull riding, team roping and women’s barrel racing. All events are sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.
“There is some great skill level on display,” Clatyon said. “We have some great cowboys. We have a great lineup for tonight.”
Festivities also included children’s calf scramble and a children’s dance competition, as well as entertainment from legendary circus clown Lecile Harris.
- EMCC signal-caller looks to take the reins this season
- Enterprise 1 squad wins summer league title
- Local golfers place well at MPGA event
- Enterprise squads square off
- East Central CC continues process of installing new FieldTurf
- Local has the experience of a lifetime
- Local All-Stars claim regional championship
- Q.V. Sykes hosting summer ball league
- Manning looks to improve home state
- Newton County prepared for upcoming season
- More Sports Headlines