Clips from the Meridian vs. Petal football game.
East Mississippi tops Georgia Military for NJCAA title
For the second time in three seasons, the East Mississippi Community College Lions are kings of the junior college world. No. 2 EMCC outlasted No. 1 Georgia Military College, 52-32, in the Mississippi Bowl to earn the National Junior College Athletic Association’s national championship Sunday night at Biloxi Indian Stadium.
- (PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi. High resolution photos can be viewed at http://themeridianstar.smugmug.com/Sports/EMCC-National-Champions/35256383_MfR3vh#!i=2957460549&k=BZ7r378
Lions bring home hardware in title win
After a convincing, 52-32, National Junior College Athletic Association national championship victory over Georgia Military College, the East Mississippi Lions had three members of its team to win prestigious hardware.
- Lions ready to roll on Gulf Coast
5 questions with No.1 GMC head coach Bert Williams
The Meridian Star was able to catch up with No.1 Georgia Military College head coach Bert Williams on the eve of Sunday’s national championship game against No. 2 East Mississippi Community College at 2 p.m. from Biloxi High School Stadium.
EMCC at home in title bout
East Mississippi Community College wide receiver Antoinne Adkins still remembers boarding a charter airplane to Yuma, Ariz. two years ago en route to the Lions’ first ever national championship appearance in the 2011 El Torro Bowl.
Oak Grove holds on for first ever state title
Kirk McCarty threw for 268 yards and two touchdowns, Jordan Mitchell caught nine passes for 149 yards and Oak Grove beat Tupelo 14-7 to win the Mississippi 6A state championship on Friday night.
- Fantasy forecast: Win or go home time
- Lady Tigers advance to EC Tourney final
Eagles split sonference opener
Meridian Community College opened up its Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges conference schedule with a split against East Central Community College at Graham Gymnasium Thursday night.
- More Sports Headlines
- East Mississippi tops Georgia Military for NJCAA title