Due to the recent inclement weather, the best-of-three series featuring East Central and Mississippi Delta community college baseball squads has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, at the Clark/Gay Baseball Complex on the Decatur campus.
Saturday’s contest is set for 7 p.m. and the game Sunday gets under way at 3 p.m. A game three, if necessary, will be played Sunday night.
Admission is $7 per day for adults and $3 for children 12 and under. Two-day passes are available at $10 for adults and $5 for children.
The best-of-three series was previously scheduled for May 3-4.
East Central, which finished the regular season at 26-19 overall and 17- 7 in league play under head coach Neal Holliman, qualified to serve as a host site after finishing second in the MACJC South Division.
Mississippi Delta is the North # 3 seed after posting a 14-10 division mark. The Trojans finished the regular season at 26-19 overall. Former Diamond Warrior assistant Michael Avalon serves as head coach.
The series champion advances to the MACJC State Baseball Tournament scheduled May 9-11. The highest South Division seed remaining following the playoff series will serve as tournament host.
- Local All-Stars claim regional championship
- Q.V. Sykes hosting summer ball league
- Manning looks to improve home state
- Newton County prepared for upcoming season
- Rockets ready to turn fortunes into their favor
- Northcutt claims Briarwood Country Club Pro Am title
- Local takes aim at Emerald Coast Tournament
- Emerald Coast comes to Briarwood
- Youth players honored at annual banquet
- Decatur native earns big opportunity
- More Sports Headlines