The Meridian Community College Eagles opened a three-game series on the road at LSU-Eunice Friday night by losing 9-5, so the Eagles were looking to reverse its fortunes on Saturday night against the Bengals.
MCC would drop Game Two against LSU-Eunice Saturday evening in a slugfest by a final score of 20-13.
The second loss on the weekend to LSU-Eunice now drops the overall record of MCC to 23-23. The final game of the series will be Sunday afternoon with first pitch set for 1 p.m.
MCC carried a 12-4 lead heading into the bottom of the third inning, but things turned sour quickly for the green and white. LSU-Eunice scored 11 runs in the bottom of the third inning and never looked back to secure the seven-run victory.
Brooks Balisterri led the way at the plate for MCC with a game-high four hits, including two runs scored. Dalton Thomas collected three hits and four RBI's in the loss with one hit being a home run.
Paul Angel and Mac Seibert each had a pair of base hits, while Michael Druhan added a two-run single. Ben Gann knocked in three runs for MCC which came on a double, while former West Lauderdale star Grant Hill score two runs in the setback.
- Q.V. Sykes hosting summer ball league
- Manning looks to improve home state
- Newton County prepared for upcoming season
- Rockets ready to turn fortunes into their favor
- Northcutt claims Briarwood Country Club Pro Am title
- Local takes aim at Emerald Coast Tournament
- Emerald Coast comes to Briarwood
- Youth players honored at annual banquet
- Decatur native earns big opportunity
- Former Knight enjoying life in professional ranks
- More Sports Headlines