The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian's city, county, private and faith-based schools:
• Today-Friday – Poplar Springs Elementary School Artist-in- Residence: Charlie Busler Third through fifth grade students will complete a mural during this final week of the artist residency.
• Thursday – Carver Middle School Black History Program, 8:30 a.m., gym. Special Guest: Dustin Markham
• Thursday – T.J. Harris Elementary School Black History Program, 9 a.m., Harris Upper Gym
• Friday – Read Across America Day at Crestwood Elementary, 10:00 a.m.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445 unless otherwise noted:
• Thursday and March 7 – Continuing Education: Mental Health First Aid, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Thursday – Continuing Education: EBay, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Thursday– Continuing Education: Furniture Painting with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, 4:30 p.m.
• Thursday – MCC Allied Health and Nursing Job Fair, from 9 a.m.-noon, Graham Gymnasium. FMI: Lisa Jenkins, (601) 484-8684.
• Thursday– Continuing Education: Homeschooling, 5 p.m.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at area community colleges and universities:
• Today – East Central Community College: Black History Month Program, 7 p.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center auditorium on the Decatur campus.
The Rev. Marcus Mann will serve as guest speaker. ECCC’s Gospel Choir will provide special music.
For more information, contact Kathy Sanders at (601) 635-6215 or call toll free, (877) 462-3222, ext. 215. Her e-mail address is email@example.com
• March 7 – 11th Annual Business, Education and Healthcare Expo, from 9:30 a.m.-11a.m., Brackeen-Wood Physical Education Building, East Central Community College in Decatur.
For more information, Wayne Eason at ECCC, (601) 635-2111 or call toll free, (877) 462-3222, ext. 211. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
• March 27-28 – "Senior Days," East Central Community College. Open to area high school seniors, activities begin with registration in Huff Auditorium at 9 a.m. and end with a complimentary lunch at noon.
All campus clubs and organizations will have information booths set up in the Brackeen-Wood Physical Education Building and advisors from academic, career, technical and healthcare programs will be available.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Services at (601)635-6205, or toll free (877) 462-3222, ext. 205. The e-mail address is email@example.com