The Meridian Star
Extravaganza is here!
The Mississippi Wildlife Federation (MWF) annual Wildlife Extravaganza is happening August 3, 4 and 5, 2012. Over 200 exhibitors will excite outdoor lovers from across the state. The event is being held at Mississippi Trademart in Jackson. This is the major fund raiser for the Federation. Entry costs are $10 for adults, $5 for children 6 to 12 and children 5 and under enter free. A weekend pass costs $20.
Friday is Kids’ Day and children 12 and under are admitted free. Those attending can meet Glenn Guist of the Swamp People television show and many other outdoor personalities. Hours are Friday, 3 to 9, Saturday, 9 to 7 and Sunday, 10 to 5. See the MWF website, mswildlife.org, for more information.
Bass Pro Shops free event helps hunters
Springfield, Missouri (July 30, 2012)—The Fall Hunting Classics are an annual tradition at Bass Pro Shops. For more than 20 years now, hunters and other outdoor sports enthusiasts have used this event to gain insight into ways to have a more successful day in the field, stay comfortable and safe with appropriate clothing and gear, and get a first-hand view of the latest products.
The Bass Pro Shops location in Pearl, Mississippi is participating with this nationwide program. “More than 100,000 people are expected to attend at each store location and hunters and other outdoor sportsmen and women look forward to it all year long,” said Katie Mitchell, Bass Pro Shops Communications. “At this event, they’ll be able to learn the secret techniques and strategies used by professionals to gain a better advantage in the field, see all the latest products and attend workshops and seminars. And, there is a ‘ripple effect’ as other area retailers, gas stations, hotels and restaurants benefit as well from the increased traffic the Classic generates,” Mitchell added.
The 17-day event will be held August 3rd through August 19th. During the Fall Hunting Classic nationally recognized professional hunters, local pros and outdoorsmen and women will be at stores to give seminars and talk about their experiences.
• Aug. 3-8—Bow Trade-In. Want a new bow? Trade in your old bow and save.
• Aug. 9-14—Scope Trade-In. Need a new scope? Trade in yours and save on a new one.
• Aug. 11-12—ATV Test Drive. Noon to 5 p.m. Try out ATV’s.
• Aug. 15-19 – Binocular and Rangefinder Trade-In. Trade in your old pair of binoculars and/or rangefinders and save on any new ones.
• Aug. 17-19 – Next Generation Weekend. Youth can learn the basics for safe, fun and accurate Airsoft shooting and Archery
• Aug. 17-19 –Free Photo Download. Kids—get a free picture of yourself at our AirSoft range! Noon – 5 p.m. all 3 days
In addition, customers will be able to register August 3 – 19 for a sweepstakes to win prizes.