MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Public drunk — Jessica Davis, 36, 1318 19th St., Meridian.
• Disturbing the peace — Ernest Jackson, 42, 1728 11th Ave., Meridian.
• Felon in possession of firearm — Mark Ruffin, 39, 10817 Crowell Dr., Lisman, AL.
• Shoplifting — Ynekia Maggerd, born 1982, Hooper St., Meridian.
• Domestic violence — Dejon M. Clemons, born 1991, 15th St., Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the the following incidents between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Meridian Police Department officers and Meridian Fire Department personnel Tuesday responded shortly before 9 p.m. to a residence in the 2200 block of Eighth Avenue on a report of an attempted arson. Upon arrival they found where someone had used Molotov cocktails in an attempt to burn a vehicle and a house. The attempts were unsuccessful. Police are investigating the incident.
Tuesday morning, Meridian Police arrested 39-year-old Mark Ruffin of Lisman, Alabama and charged him with felon carrying a concealed weapon. This charge was the result of a traffic stop. Bond for Ruffin was set at $250,000.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Failure to pay justice court — Melissa D. Brown, 30, 1121 48th Ave., Meridian.
• Receiving stolen property — Al D. Fitzgerald, 30, 4312 Long Creek Cutoff Rd., Meridian.
• Felony malicious mischief — Ashley Hill, 24, 506 Front Street Ext., Meridian.
• Receiving stolen property — Erica Mariano-Fitzgerald, 24, 4312 Long Creek Cutoff Rd., Meridian.
• Probation violation — Nathan J. Nix, 24, 366 Terry Rd., Lauderdale.
• Trespassing — Michael M. Overstreet, 50, 6808 Confederate Dr., Marion.
• Probation violation — Gavriel R. Rawson, 25, 3312 Skyland Pl., Meridian.
• DUI — Kenyata L. Walker, 33, 851 Hall Rd., Meridian.
• Probation violation — Michael S. White, 37, 3772 Hwy. 145 S., Shubuta.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents from 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• 8300 block Cook Rd., Meridian.
• 8400 block Okatibbee Dam Rd., Collinsville.
• 8600 block Collinsville Rd., Collinsville.
• 200 block Will Garrett Rd., Meridian.
• 5600 block Richard Johnson Rd., Meridian.
• 4000 block Hatchery Dr., Meridian.
• Old Marion Rd., Meridian.
Mississippi Highway Patrol