A report carried by an Italian newspaper is alleging that the Pontiff is planning on resigning due to the discovery of a network of homosexual clergy in the Vatican and a string of blackmail.
Pope Benedict announced his intention to retire due to old age and health concerns over a week ago, but a report is saying he is quitting for other reasons. A report carried by an Italian newspaper is alleging that the Pontiff is planning on resigning due to the discovery of a network of homosexual clergy in the Vatican and a string of blackmail. The report depicts the Vatican as being torn by rivaling factions of clergy and laypeople. A spokesman for the Pope would neither confirm nor deny the allegations.
Don't Miss This:
- New Today
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba
- Southern Miss coasts past Tulane 68-51
Miss. Senate OKs version of criminal justice bill
JACKSON — The Mississippi Senate on Thursday advanced a bill that supporters say is designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M
- 1 version of teacher pay raise clears Miss. Senate
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise
- Doctors hope for cure in a 2nd baby born with HIV
- More New Today Headlines