Consider your clothing as if it were a business card. Be sure it's transmitting the message/image you intend to project. Here are tips for fashionable and functional dressing in 2013.
Pantsuits are back
Figuring out what to wear to the workplace on a daily basis can be just as baffling as office politics. Thankfully, once a closet staple, pantsuits made a return to fall runways for top designers, including Donna Karan and Dries Van Noten. Take note, lawyers and lobbyists, these new versions are not the buttoned-up, big-shouldered, dress-for-success looks of the 1980s. A belted and relaxed style telegraphs confidence and chic.
Bags and bangles
Forgo any temptation to substitute the tote you picked up as a free gift at the cosmetics counter as your multitasking business handbag. This structured, oblong shape from Massimo Dutti will accommodate your essential tech devices and personal musts in a minimalist way. Choose a standout color, such as runway fave oxblood. Also in gray. $228 at Massimo Dutti stores and www.massimodutti.com.
Banana Republic's collection of link bracelets, leather bangles and metal cuffs make design elements similar to those found in antique jewelry within reach of small budgets. The elegance of the past weds with a current sensibility. Instead of a safety catch, an elastic band secures the bracelet to your wrist. Add this gem to your jewel box for a simple statement accessory. Also in yellow, ivory and orange. Wave bracelet, $39.50 at www.bananarepublic.com.
Your work space tells tales about you, too. These meticulously detailed and hand-painted iron butterfly pushpins will speak to your creativity. Use them to tack up important memos, inspirational photos and to keep track of invitations. Set of nine for $35 at www.ballarddesigns.com.
- New Today
- Miss. man charged in fatal La. collision
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case
- Authorities target peddlers of counterfeit goods
- Man charged with assault on police officer
- (PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi. High resolution photos can be viewed at http://themeridianstar.smugmug.com/Sports/EMCC-National-Champions/35256383_MfR3vh#!i=2957460549&k=BZ7r378
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Miss. alligator infestation suit before high court
- Suspect indicted for Natchez store murder
- Teen dies in shooting near Jackson high school
- Mississippi, Tennessee brace for winter storm
- More New Today Headlines