From chicken nuggets to math problems, these are eight of the strangest non-emergency 911 calls.
A Florida woman calls 911 three times to complain that her local McDonald's is out of chicken nuggets. (March 2009)
Burger King complaint
A woman calls 911 after she is unable to get the hamburger she wants at Burger King.
Locked in car
A woman in Kissimmee, FL, calls 911 claiming to be locked inside her car. (March 2009)
A Connecticut man calls 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana. (February 2011)
Out of cigarettes
A woman in Texas calls 911 asking for cigarettes. (February 2013)
A four-year-old girl calls 911 asking for help with her math.
Ride to liquor store
A man in Florida calls 911 requesting a ride to the liquor store.
Drunk driver report
A Wisconsin woman calls to turn in a drunk driver--herself. (October 2009)
- New Today
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba
- Southern Miss coasts past Tulane 68-51
Miss. Senate OKs version of criminal justice bill
JACKSON — The Mississippi Senate on Thursday advanced a bill that supporters say is designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M
- 1 version of teacher pay raise clears Miss. Senate
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise
- Doctors hope for cure in a 2nd baby born with HIV
- More New Today Headlines