While filling taxes can be a pain, many free resources are available to make the process easier and then let you track your refund after you file. From the IRS form for those who are more comfortable with financial infomation to free services that walk you through every step, many people can file taxes for free from home.
Information provided by IRS.gov.
Access free file forms from the IRS
The Internal Revenue Service makes free federal filling available for anyone who's "comfortable" filling with little assistance.
Free federal filing is available for anyone age 71 and younger with an income of $57,000 or less. However, residents of Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Washington are not eligible to use Free1040TaxReturn.
Where's my refund?
Use the IRS refund tracker to monitor when you'll get your refund.
TurboTax® Freedom Edition
Free federal return filing if adjusted gross income is $31,000 or less, or $57,000 or less and an active military member. U.S. citizens and resident aliens living in any state are all eligible.
H&R Block's Free File
Anyone living in the United States, under 52 years of age and with an adjusted gross income of $57,000 or less can file using H&R Block's Free File.
- New Today
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba
- Southern Miss coasts past Tulane 68-51
Miss. Senate OKs version of criminal justice bill
JACKSON — The Mississippi Senate on Thursday advanced a bill that supporters say is designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M
- 1 version of teacher pay raise clears Miss. Senate
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise
- Doctors hope for cure in a 2nd baby born with HIV
- More New Today Headlines