"No boaters are being told to relocate at this time," he said.
Waiting and hoping
A group of charter boat captains sat at the edge of the Biloxi Small Craft Harbor on Friday morning talking amongst themselves as they waited for updates on the storm.
"We're just waiting for the next report to see what's going to happen," said Kenny Barhanovich, captain of the Miss Hospitality.
Depending on what the storm does, the captains may move their boats to an area of the Tchoutacabouffa river known as the "hurricane hole."
Barhanovich said they would go there "if we got to."
Bobby Williams of Biloxi and captain of the Three Sons, added "we're praying we don't have to."
Boaters at the Point Cadet Harbor said they are waiting to hear from the city after the morning meeting. They're expecting to be told by 10:30 a.m. whether or not to evacuate.
Biloxi has began to remove barricades for Cruisin' The Coast as a preparation. Police have also notified RV owners parked along U.S. 90 that winds are expected to increase during the weekend.
"We've had about a dozen and a half RVs set up along Highway 90 in anticipation of Cruisin' the Coast kicking off Sunday," Biloxi Emergency Manager Milton Houseman said in a release. "Right now, we're just letting them know about the threatening weather. We may reach a point where we need to be a little sterner in our warning. We're continuing to monitor the weather, and we'll take action as necessary Friday morning, based on the latest weather forecasts."