Hailey Thomas, 20, the daughter of Melissa and Roy Thomas of Meridian, won the Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg Saturday. A graduate of MCC, Thomas won a full year of tuition to the University of Mississippi and a $3,000 cash scholarship.
The Miss Hospitality pageant crowns a state representative each year to promote Mississippi. Thomas will travel 30,000 miles throughout the state during her reign and will serve as the state’s goodwill ambassador for one year.
- New Today
- Miss. trooper training school to begin in November
- 12 states ban sodomy a decade after court ruling
- Miss. looks to step up reading instruction
- Study: Snack might help avoid fight with spouse
- Tea party leader: Miss. GOP chair should resign
- MS Ethics board: Text messages are public records
- Insurance disputed on burned Webster courthouse
- Quarterbacks rule at MSU spring game
- Miss. farmers to plant more cotton and soybeans
- Pakistan: Taliban factions clash, killing dozens
- More New Today Headlines