Hailey Thomas, 20, the daughter of Melissa and Roy Thomas of Meridian, won the Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg Saturday. A graduate of MCC, Thomas won a full year of tuition to the University of Mississippi and a $3,000 cash scholarship.
The Miss Hospitality pageant crowns a state representative each year to promote Mississippi. Thomas will travel 30,000 miles throughout the state during her reign and will serve as the state’s goodwill ambassador for one year.
- New Today
- World honors D-Day's fallen on 70th anniversary
- Reward increased in death of Corinth taxi driver
- Rienzi man killed in shooting
- MDOT worker dies in accident
- Bergdahl's unit comrades recount his disappearance
- House GOP conflicted on health law alternative
- Horn Lake police investigate death
- Willie gets life sentence for highway slaying
- Miss. GOP Senate candidates face likely runoff
- 1st Mississippi charter school closer to opening
- More New Today Headlines