Hailey Thomas, 20, the daughter of Melissa and Roy Thomas of Meridian, won the Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg Saturday. A graduate of MCC, Thomas won a full year of tuition to the University of Mississippi and a $3,000 cash scholarship.
The Miss Hospitality pageant crowns a state representative each year to promote Mississippi. Thomas will travel 30,000 miles throughout the state during her reign and will serve as the state’s goodwill ambassador for one year.
- New Today
- Elephants prove discerning listeners of us humans
- How investors may be getting fooled by buybacks
- World has new top banana as Chiquita, Fyffes merge
- Trial set in reading program investigation
- CIA accused: Senator sees torture probe meddling
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba
- More New Today Headlines