Hailey Thomas, 20, the daughter of Melissa and Roy Thomas of Meridian, won the Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg Saturday. A graduate of MCC, Thomas won a full year of tuition to the University of Mississippi and a $3,000 cash scholarship.
The Miss Hospitality pageant crowns a state representative each year to promote Mississippi. Thomas will travel 30,000 miles throughout the state during her reign and will serve as the state’s goodwill ambassador for one year.
- New Today
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Student in fight at Moss Point school dies
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba
- Southern Miss coasts past Tulane 68-51
Miss. Senate OKs version of criminal justice bill
JACKSON — The Mississippi Senate on Thursday advanced a bill that supporters say is designed to make the criminal justice system more efficient and less expensive.
- Miss. bank makes Alabama acquisition for $6.6M
- 1 version of teacher pay raise clears Miss. Senate
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise
- Doctors hope for cure in a 2nd baby born with HIV
- More New Today Headlines