The Meridian Star
The Meridian City Council meets today at 5 p.m. on the third floor of Meridian City Hall.
The meeting agenda is listed below:
1. Minutes dated Nov. 5, 2013.
2. Resolution setting public hearing regarding unclean property (Dec. 17 at 5:15 p.m.).
3. Resolution appointing deputy clerks for the Municipal Court.
1. Ad valorem tax exemption request from Phi Delta Kappa Fraternity.
2. Ad valorem tax exemption request from DDC Hotels, Inc. (second 5-year exemption).
3. Approval of settlement and release with Mississippi Power Company.
4. Order authorizing execution and acceptance of Fiscal Year 12 ODP Homeland Security Grant Award Letter and Agreement.
5. Order authorizing execution of Contract for Services with SPEC.RESCUE INTERNATIONAL.
6. Order authorizing execution of Contract with National Association for Search and Rescue.
7. Order authorizing execution of Intersection Upgrade Agreement with Pilot Flying J (“Pilot”).
8. Order suspending pay for CAO position effective Nov. 20, 2013 until such time as a new appointment is presented for confirmation.
9. Resolution authorizing execution of First Amended Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Meridian; Lauderdale County, Mississippi; and CertainTeed, Inc.
10. Claims docket.
1. Presentation from the Meridian Freedom Project.
2. Mayor’s report.
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
5:15 p.m. – Resolution No. 5857 regarding proposed rezoning of property located in the 1800 block of 24th Avenue from District B-1 to District B-2.
1. Pastor Wade Demers.
Editor's Note: The council may add items to or remove items from the agenda at its discretion.