The Meridian Star
Please e-mail all calendar briefs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Calendar items are listed by date and it may take a while before an event submitted weeks in advance appears in the paper.
• Do you have the cutest kid? If so, enter the Cutest Kid Contest sponsored by Uniquely You. The entry fee is $15 for the first child and $10 for each additional child. For more information, call 601-513-3398 or 601-481-4128; visit facebook.com/uniquely.you100 or email email@example.com.
• Due to technical difficulties, the 2013 Art for Meridian has been rescheduled for Nov. 15 at Northwood Country Club. The event was originally scheduled for Oct. 26. The art game will be played post season. The event will include casual tailgating, a silent auction, a live auction, a seated gourmet dinner and lots of great food, fun and art. All proceeds from the event stay in Meridian and Lauderdale County to provide Community Arts grants for schools, individuals and arts organizations. For more information and to make reservations to attend the event sponsored by The Meridian Council for the Arts, please call 601-485-1944.
• The Greater Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church is accepting resumes for pastor. Please email resumes to Greater Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, P.O. Box 88, Meridian, MS 39302. The deadline for submitting resumes is Nov. 1.
• NorthPark Church hosts several support groups each week. Griefshare meets Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Single & Parenting meets Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Divorce Care meets Wednesdays 6:30 to 7:30. NorthPark Church is located at 7770 Highway 39 North in Meridian, just across from the North East Middle School.
• "Country Alcoholics Anonymous" meets each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. out Highway 493 North, past the Bailey post office. Veer left on to GumLog Road, 1/2 mile to club house by baseball field on right. For information call (601) 737-2463.
• 6 p.m. — The International Singing Brakeman Association meets every third Thursday at the Best Western Hospitality Room on Frontage Road. Please bring a snack/dish to share. We will eat at 6:30 p.m. Admission is $5. For more information, call Glyn Jones at (601) 581-1601.
• Otha Barham plays guitar and sings easy listening music each Thursday from 2 to 4 at the Daily Grind, 4820 Poplar Springs Drive.
• Noon — Refuge Christian Recovery, a meeting for women whose loved ones suffer from alcohol and drugs, meets every Tuesday at First Presbyterian Church, Founders Room, 905 23rd Avenue. Call 601-693-1133.
The Baylor family celebrates 35 years of singing God's praise Saturday, Oct. 26 at 5 p.m. and on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 3 p.m. The celebration will be held at The McIntosh Community Center just south of DeKalb on Highway 39 South. All churches, groups, choirs, and soloists are invited to help celebrate in the name of Jesus Christ.
Sunday, Oct. 27
2 p.m. — The Greater Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church will celebrate its Usher Day Program. Minister Beverly Knox, pastor of Holy Remnant Church, will be the guest speaker.
2 p.m. — Service of Wholeness and Healing – Worship is focused on prayers to God our Healer for wholeness and healing for ourselves and others. Specialty Hospital , Classroom 2, led by St Peter’s Mission (Associated with Anglican Church in North America). Everyone welcome. For more information contact the Rev. Vicki Gladding at 601-616-8596.
4:30-6:30 p.m. — First Baptist Church will have its Fall Festival at Highland Park Dentzel Carousel. Wear fun costumes. There will be food, games and fun for the entire family. Bring your cakes for the cake walk to the Carousel House by 4:30 p.m. Security will be provided.
5-6 p.m. — Life Church, 2224 N. Frontage Road in Meridian, will present "Advocates for Freedom: Human Trafficking Awareness Program" at the church. The event is free to the public. For more information, contact Ann Jenkins at 601-692-4481 or Pastor Gary Morris at 601-527-6621. Visit the website, www.advocatesforfreedom.org.
6 p.m. — Jeff & Sheri Easter will bring their ministry to Evangel Temple Church at 3611 Hwy 145 South in Meridian, Miss. on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013 at 6 p.m. Liberty Quartet will also appear. Tickets are $10 and are available at Meridian Bible Bookstore, (601) 693-5966 and Bo Haarala Autoplex, (601) 482-7539. Tickets will also be on sale day of concert at church office.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
3:45 p.m. — The Meridian Lauderdale County Public Library will host Halloween Spooktacular, a Halloween celebration for children ages 3-8. The event will feature Halloween stories and pumpkin decorating. Children must register at the library prior to the program and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. For more information, call the library's Children's Services Department at 601-693-6771, extension 224.
6-8 p.m. — Collinsville United Methodist Church, 9126 Church Street in Collinsville, will host a Trunk or Treat Halloween night, with lots of treats, games, prizes and fun. Everyone is welcome.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
6-7 p.m. — The community is invited to Trunk or Treat for preschoolers and children in first through sixth grades at Poplar Springs Drive Baptist Church in the north parking lot, 4032 Poplar Springs Drive, in Meridian. Kids can wear their costumes!
Thursday, Oct. 31
6-7 p.m. — Please join us for The 2nd Annual Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat at Oak Hill Baptist Church, 6201 Highway 493, in Meridian. This event is free! There will be food, popcorn, candy, carnival games, bounce houses, a hayride, door prizes, and fun for the entire family! Kid-friendly costumes welcome! For more information, please call 601-482-5583.
St. Paul's Chamber Series Halloween Party will take place Oct. 31, from 12:05 to 1 p.m. at the church, located at 1116 23rd Ave., in Meridian. The Halloween party will include fun music and refreshments. Halloween costumes are optional.