Special to The Star
The Salvation Army will begin taking applications for Christmas assistance at the Salvation Army building located at 117 Sixth Ave., in the white building on the corner of B Street and Sixth Avenue.
The dates for applications are Monday through Friday, Oct. 13-17, Monday through Friday, Oct. 20-24, and Monday through Friday, Oct. 27-31. The times each day are from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1 p.m.-2 p.m.
Children must be 12 years old or younger. Each applicant must bring the following required information when applying.
• Photo I.D. for the head of the household
• Social Security card for yourself and children.
• Birth certificate for all children.
• Proof that the child or children has the same address as the head of the household such as, Medicaid form, report cards, shot records, or lease agreement.
• Proof of household income and expenses.
For more information call The Salvation Army at (601) 483-6156.
Special to The Star
- Local News
- 2 people shot; Meridian police investigating
Fair Day for Meridian
PHILADELPHIA – Cooler temperatures, low humidity, and clear skies set the stage Wednesday for one of the largest crowds in recent years during Meridian Day at the 125th annual Neshoba County Fair.
- Reeves stumps at Neshoba Fair
Sheriff: prison employees stabbed by inmate
Four prison employees were stabbed Tuesday at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility after attempting to remove an inmate from a cell, Lauderdale County Sheriff Billy Sollie said.
Farm Bureau, Jimmie Rodgers Museum announce benefit
The Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation has signed an agreement with the Jimmie Rodgers Museum for a 50 percent discount on admission for Farm Bureau members.
- ‘Shadows of the 60s’ at MSU Riley Center
- FBI asks citizens to locate suspect in Tenn., robbery
Hospitality crown returns to Meridian
The Mississippi Miss Hospitality crown returned to Meridian last Saturday when Queen City resident Bonnie Blue Dulaney captured the title last Saturday during the 65th year celebration of the pageant.
- GETTING READY
- RSVP for annual Red Cross business meeting
- More Local News Headlines