WHAT IT MEANS
AB — Appearance bond
MASEP — Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program
DUI — Driving under the influence
ISP — Intensive
VIP — Victim Impact Panel
MDOC — Mississippi Department of Corrections
PRS — Post-release
FTHVUC — Failure to have vehicle under control
FTYROW — Failure to yield right of way
• Bench warrant — An arrest warrant issued by a judge when a defendant fails to show up for a scheduled court appearance
• Dismissed with prejudice — The defendant cannot be brought up for trial again on the same charge.
• Dismissed without prejudice — The defendant can be brought up for trial again on the same charge.
• Non-adjudication— Means the defendant's record will be expunged if he/she successfully completes probation and complies with the court's instructions.
The following list of criminal cases heard this week in Lauderdale County Circuit Court was furnished by District Attorney Bilbo Mitchell.
• Jimmy Raines, attempted burglary of dwelling, eight years MDOC without parole, restitution, fines, fees and court costs; burglary of dwelling, eight years MDOC without parole, fines, fees and costs
• Angela Cantwell, felony child neglect, three years MDOC, three years suspended, three years probation, fines, fees, court costs, restitution; burglary of a dwelling, five years MDOC, five years probation, five years suspended, fines, fees, court costs and restitution
• Samuel Sharp, burglary of dwelling, seven years MDOC, six years suspended, one year to serve, five years on revocation, fines, fees and court costs
• Kyron Tyrell Bourrage, armed robbery, 15 years MDOC, nine years suspended, six years to serve, fines, fees and court costs
• Cedric Lamar Gaddis, burglary of a dwelling and armed robbery, 18 years MDOC without parole, fines, fees and court costs
• William Clifford Tayor, burglary of a dwelling and armed robbery, 13 years MDOC without parole, fines, fees and court costs
• Richard Timmons, statutory rape, 20 years MDOC, 10 years suspended, 10 years to serve, fines, fees and court costs
WHAT IT MEANS
- Local News
City to crack down on unsightly properties
Work is under way to beef up the city of Meridian's code enforcement efforts and aggressively target owners of decaying buildings, overgrown lots and debris-strewn properties.
Man arrested following car chase
A man accused of stealing money from a convenience store clerk Monday night was arrested following a short car chase, according to an official with the Meridian Police Department.
- FULLY LOADED
Civil Service Commission short of quorum
Meridian Civil Service Commission member Alexia Rushing has resigned, marking the third resignation from the commission in less than three weeks.
Principals prepare for new school year
A principals' retreat at the Riley Center Tuesday is getting Lauderdale County School District administrators focused on the upcoming school year, according to LCSD Superintendent Randy Hodges.
- Two injured in Poplar Springs wreck
- Star of the Week: Rusty McAlister
- Gun ban in county annex building dropped
- Heart attack victim in wreck dies
- No injuries in shooting
- More Local News Headlines
- City to crack down on unsightly properties