The following list of criminal cases heard this week in Lauderdale County Circuit Court was furnished by District Attorney Bilbo Mitchell.
• Henry Lee Brown, manslaughter, 13 years MDOC, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Derrick Wade, possession of cocaine, three years non-adjudicated probation, fines, fees and court costs
• Anthony Heard, possession of cocaine, one year MDOC consecutive to four and one half years for revocation, fines, fees and court costs
• William David Byrge, arson, one year on each count, fines, fees and court costs
• Jordan Roy Rogers, aggravated assault, five years MDOC, five years suspended, five years probation, fines, fees, and court costs
• Marc Anthony Jones, possession of marijuana with intent, eight years MDOC, seven years and 358 days suspended, five years non-reporting probation, fines, fees and court costs
• Rodriquez D'Angelo Hill, felony bad check, 18 months MDOC, one day to serve, 18 months PRS, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Ashley Hill, armed robbery, five years MDOC, fines, fees, court; burglary of a dwelling, five years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs; armed robbery, five years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs.
• Christina Marsh, fraudulent use of identity, one year MDOC, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Terry Andrew Brewster, burglary of a building, three years MDOC, one year suspended, one year PrS, fines, fees and court costs
• Cody Jimerson, revocation for uttering/forgery, four years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs
• Michael Pickett, possession of marijuana with intent, three years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs
• Jonathan Byrd, possession of ecstasy, three years MDOC, three years probation, three years suspended, fines, fees and court costs
• Jacoby Pickett, auto burglary, three years MDOC, three years suspended, three years probation, fines, fees and court costs
The following list of non-traffic cases, but including DUIs, were heard in Lauderdale County Justice Courts for the past week: Court records were unavailable at press time.
- Local News
Authorities searching for suspect
Deputies with the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department and agents with the East Mississippi Drug Task Force got into a shootout with a man they suspected was involved in the shooting of a child last week in Marion.
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- More Local News Headlines
- Authorities searching for suspect