The following list of criminal cases heard this week in Lauderdale County Circuit Court was furnished by District Attorney Bilbo Mitchell.
• Henry Lee Brown, manslaughter, 13 years MDOC, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Derrick Wade, possession of cocaine, three years non-adjudicated probation, fines, fees and court costs
• Anthony Heard, possession of cocaine, one year MDOC consecutive to four and one half years for revocation, fines, fees and court costs
• William David Byrge, arson, one year on each count, fines, fees and court costs
• Jordan Roy Rogers, aggravated assault, five years MDOC, five years suspended, five years probation, fines, fees, and court costs
• Marc Anthony Jones, possession of marijuana with intent, eight years MDOC, seven years and 358 days suspended, five years non-reporting probation, fines, fees and court costs
• Rodriquez D'Angelo Hill, felony bad check, 18 months MDOC, one day to serve, 18 months PRS, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Ashley Hill, armed robbery, five years MDOC, fines, fees, court; burglary of a dwelling, five years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs; armed robbery, five years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs.
• Christina Marsh, fraudulent use of identity, one year MDOC, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Terry Andrew Brewster, burglary of a building, three years MDOC, one year suspended, one year PrS, fines, fees and court costs
• Cody Jimerson, revocation for uttering/forgery, four years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs
• Michael Pickett, possession of marijuana with intent, three years MDOC, fines, fees and court costs
• Jonathan Byrd, possession of ecstasy, three years MDOC, three years probation, three years suspended, fines, fees and court costs
• Jacoby Pickett, auto burglary, three years MDOC, three years suspended, three years probation, fines, fees and court costs
The following list of non-traffic cases, but including DUIs, were heard in Lauderdale County Justice Courts for the past week: Court records were unavailable at press time.
- Local News
- City pulls plug
- INTERSTATE ACCIDENT LEAVES 1 INJURED
- Lumber company announces Philadelphia expansion
- Man shot in leg
- NLWA issues boil water notice
- State senator receives leadership award
- Philadelphia police investigate fatal stabbing
Congregation commits to ‘Love Out Loud’
The Northcrest Baptist Church congregation is once again pledging to 'Love Out Loud,' a hometown mission program entering into its second year.
Lt. Governor on a mission to cut costs
With three legislative sessions behind him, Mississippi's Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves is talking about the record of success the state is having both in saving money and in reallocating some of those savings into education and public safety.
Early childhood program helps parents put kids on right path
As it enters its third year, a program designed to help parents prepare their children for school is making strides as it reaches into the Meridian community.
- More Local News Headlines