MERIDIAN — Emergency crews stand by logs strewn across the eastbound lanes of Interstate 20/59 Tuesday after the log truck in the background overturned at about 10:15 a.m. while trying to access the interstate from Highway 11 South. The driver of the log truck suffered minor injuries but the driver of an SUV that was traveling east hit several of the logs after they rolled onto the roadway and was taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries. Traffic was diverted from the interstate while crews cleaned up the wreckage and removed the logs. Both eastbound lanes of the interstate were opened up just after noon.
- Local News
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- Downtown Art Crawl Tuesday
- More Local News Headlines