MERIDIAN — Emergency crews stand by logs strewn across the eastbound lanes of Interstate 20/59 Tuesday after the log truck in the background overturned at about 10:15 a.m. while trying to access the interstate from Highway 11 South. The driver of the log truck suffered minor injuries but the driver of an SUV that was traveling east hit several of the logs after they rolled onto the roadway and was taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries. Traffic was diverted from the interstate while crews cleaned up the wreckage and removed the logs. Both eastbound lanes of the interstate were opened up just after noon.
- Local News
Meridian leading state search and rescue training
Meridian has become ground zero for training instructors in the important art of search and rescue.
- Authorities searching for Alabama suspect
Harper guilty on misdemeanor charge
Former Meridian Police Department officer Dean Harper was handed a guilty verdict late Thursday for impersonating an employee of the MPD.
- IS SPRING ON THE WAY?
- Free shredding available Saturday
- Leading Edges shows drone video capture equipment to local Civitan group
- Missouth acquires old Sears building
- Peavey promotes healthy living
- Citizens plan protest at police department
- VFD gets boost with donation
- More Local News Headlines
- Meridian leading state search and rescue training