MERIDIAN — Katey Grisham of Meridian (L) and Leah Burns of Collinsville recently attended the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation Safety Camp held at Timber Creek Park near Pulaski. Each year the Safety Department of Farm Bureau holds a Youth Safety Camp for students who will be entering the 7th-12th grades. The camp is designed to teach a broad variety of safety programs including CPR, First Aid, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, ATV Safety, Tractor Safety, and the dangers of Drinking/Texting and Driving. It also offers the opportunity for recreation and fellowship with new friends from all over the state. For more information, contact your county Farm Bureau office.
- Local News
Meridian leading state search and rescue training
Meridian has become ground zero for training instructors in the important art of search and rescue.
- Authorities searching for Alabama suspect
Harper guilty on misdemeanor charge
Former Meridian Police Department officer Dean Harper was handed a guilty verdict late Thursday for impersonating an employee of the MPD.
- IS SPRING ON THE WAY?
- Free shredding available Saturday
- Leading Edges shows drone video capture equipment to local Civitan group
- Missouth acquires old Sears building
- Peavey promotes healthy living
- Citizens plan protest at police department
- VFD gets boost with donation
- More Local News Headlines
- Meridian leading state search and rescue training