from staff reports
The Meridian Star
The city of Meridian will get new traffic signals on Highway 39 at the intersections of Country Club Road and Windmill Drive thanks to a Mississippi Department of Transportation grant.
A $350,000 Surface Transportation Program grant will pay for 80 percent of the work, with the city of Meridian providing the remaining 20 percent, according to an MDOT press release.
The work will include the placement of poles, signal heads, loops, wiring, and control boxes.
"I'm pleased to announce this funding is now in place and work can begin on these much-needed signal projects in Meridian," said Dick Hall, Central District
Transportation Commissioner. "I appreciate Mayor Barry bringing this need to our
attention, as the projects will improve driving conditions for motorists throughout
"We are so thankful for our partnership with Commissioner Hall. He has been a true friend to Meridian and Lauderdale County," said Mayor Cheri Barry. "The city of Meridian is ready to go to work on these projects."