The Meridian Star
The Meridian City Council meets Tuesday at 9 a.m. in the council chambers on the third floor of City Hall. The agenda, which is subject to change, is as follows:
1. Minutes dated Jan. 21, 2014.
2. Proclamations to be issued by the Mayor:
a. Feb. 14, 2014 – “Arbor Day”
b. Feb. 3-7, 2014 – “National School Counselors Week”
3. Order declaring fire engine pumper surplus and authorized to be sold.
4. Order authorizing street light at 23rd Avenue and Front Street.
5. Order authorizing execution of Venue Use Agreement with State Games of Mississippi (use of Northeast Park).
6. Order authorizing execution of Venue Use Agreement with State Games of Mississippi (use of Jaycee Soccer Complex and Highland Park).
1. Resolution directing the sale of $1.2 million water and sewer bonds, Series 2013.
2. Order accepting bid for a dump truck.
3. Order confirming the appointment by the Mayor of Michael J. McGrevey as Chief Administrative Officer.
4. Order declaring ditch located next to 4524 36th Avenue to be a health and safety hazard and authorized to be fixed at a cost no more than $2,000.
5. Order allowing Civil War Trail markers to be placed on city right-of-way by Lauderdale County Tourism at their expense and upkeep at their expense.
6. Order adopting policy for rental/lease of city facilities.
7. Claims docket.
1. Notification of legal advertisement for a dump truck.
2. Mayor’s report.
1. Arthur Baylor – erosion of property/flooding of subdivision because of excessive water flow.