MERIDIAN — Friday morning 22nd Avenue was blocked off for a short time while a huge section of an electrical substation was being moved. Electric company workers had to raise stop lights so the massive piece of machinery could travel down the street. The truck hauling the machinery was bound for North Hills Street where the electrical work was being done.
- Local News
- 186th unveils advanced air refueling boom simulator
- Graduation held for Leadership Lauderdale youths
- State's high court to hear bond issue case
- Senator at home, resting
- Airman graduates basic training
- ECCC mourns loss of former president
- Council lifts hiring freeze, hiring hurdles remain
- Man arrested in shooting incident
State Representatives Greg Snowden and Charles Young were the speakers at the Council of Governments Monday during a luncheon held at the MCC Culinary Arts and Hotel Management Center in College Park.
Three armed robberies, one arrest
Authorities with the Meridian Police Department have made an arrest in one armed robbery and are investigating two more robberies that reportedly occurred over the weekend.
- More Local News Headlines