MERIDIAN — Justice Court Judge Gerald W. Thompson officiated his first Halloween wedding in his 26 years as a judge when he joined Tony Glenn Payne and Sandra Kay Pearson of Chunky in holy matrimony Thursday afternoon. Pearson, dressed in Gothic Victorian dress, said she always wanted a Halloween wedding and added it will give her new husband a good date to remember their anniversary.
- Local News
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- Downtown Art Crawl Tuesday
- More Local News Headlines