MERIDIAN — Columbus author and Mississippi University for Women creative writing professor Michael Farris Smith visited East Mississippi Community College’s Golden Triangle campus Tuesday to speak with instructor Marilyn Ford’s creative writing class. Smith brought a copy of his recently released novel “Rivers” and read a short passage before fielding questions from the class. “I didn’t start writing until I was 29 or 30, so it’s always interesting to meet new students who are 18 or 19 and interested already,” said Smith. “Rivers” was released Sept. 10 and is Smith’s first full-length novel.
- Local News
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- Downtown Art Crawl Tuesday
- More Local News Headlines