from staff reports
The Meridian Star
The following items were approved at Tuesday's meeting of the Meridian City Council:
• Proclamation by the mayor: May 2013, "Mental Health Awareness Month."
• Order declaring 2009 Harley Davidson Motorcycle surplus and release to insurance company.
• Order declaring condemned air bottle and refrigerator surplus and to be discarded.
• Order authorizing street lights at: 1004 15th St. and 13th Street, between 34th and 35th avenues.
• Order authorizing execution and acceptance of Homeland Security grant )overland search and rescue class, PPE & supplies).
• Order authorizing execution and submission of Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant.
• Order authorizing execution and submission of Justice Assistance Grant Subgrant Application (saturation patrols).
• No protest resolution for General Obligation Water & Sewer Bonds, Series 2013.
• Order accepting bid of Lyle Machinery for Skid-Steer Loader
• Resolution rescinding Resolution No. 5825, titled "Resolution Declaring Certain Municipally Owned Real Property To Be Surplus And Not Needed For Municipal Purposes and Authorized To Be Sold For An Amount Not Less Than The Average Of The Fair Market Price As Determined By Three Professional Property Appraisers." (Eighteenth Avenue, between 12th and 14th streets)
• Resolution declaring certain municipally owned real property surplus and authorized to be sold. (16' x 40' piece of property off Eighteenth Avenue, next to Rush Ambulatory).
• Contribution from Parks and Recreation Fund to Boys & Girls Club of East Mississippi.