Special to The Star
The Meridian Star
Robert Ward was the recipient of United Way of East Mississippi's 2014 Al Rosenbaum Lifetime Achievement Award at this year’s Annual Meeting.
The Al Rosenbaum Lifetime Achievement Award for Community Service is awarded to one recipient annually to recognize an individual who has engaged in outstanding service to the community as part of their professional or volunteer work for a decade or more.
This award recognizes extraordinary commitment over the long term, and a legacy of significant, enduring contributions to the community at large.
Robert Ward, born and raised in Meridian, has a background of service to include:
• Trustmark Advisory Board, 1982-2013,
• United Way, Chairperson 1975, President 1976,
• Mississippi’s 3 Outstanding Young Men in 1979,
• Boy Scouts Executive Board 1979-1995,
• Phil Hardin Foundation, Board of Directors since 1981, President since 1997,
• Meridian Community College Foundation, President 1985,
• Committee for Meridian Public Schools Bond Issue ($4 million), Co-Chairman,
• MSU-Meridian Branch Advisory Council 1984-1995, Chairman,
• Greater Meridian Chamber of Commerce, President 1985,
• Rotary Club, President 1986,
• Mississippi Association of Broadcasters, President 1986,
• Pat Harrison Waterway District Board of Directors 1989 – 1993,
• Partner/Manager, Broadmoor Development Co., LLC 1981-present,
• Commissioner, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools 2006-2009