MERIDIAN — Middle school teachers from the Meridian Public School District, including Linda Hopson, center, took part in the first session of the 4-C Summer Institute at MSU-Meridian. The 20-day institute was made possible through a $90,000 grant the division of Education received from the Institute of Higher Learning. The teachers learned new ways to encourage student learning in grades 6-8 that focuses on critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Local News
- Dear Santa...
- Police officers' termination hearings delayed
- Effort afoot to provide public transportation
- Combs-Dulaney to give address at MSU-Meridian
- All smiles for EMCC
- Meridian native promoted in Air Force
- Court clerks anxious to get e-filing in Lauderdale County next year
- Police searching for suspect in shooting
- State corrections, sentencing report due next week
One day before suiting up for the biggest games of their football careers, members of the East Mississippi Community College football team took time to give back to those less fortunate Saturday.
- More Local News Headlines