MERIDIAN — The first baby of the new year was born at Rush Foundation Hospital in Meridian on Tuesday morning. Leah and Kelly Jimmerson of Stonewall welcomed their baby girl, Kennedi Reese Jimmerson, at 5:06 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces, and was 19 inches long. The original due date was Jan. 12, but the Jimmersons are happy the new addition to their family arrived early so that Kennedi can help them cheer for Alabama in the Discover BCS National Championship game. Alabama (12-1) takes on Notre Dame (12-0) at 7:30 p.m. Monday on ESPN.
- Local News
Meridian leading state search and rescue training
Meridian has become ground zero for training instructors in the important art of search and rescue.
- Authorities searching for Alabama suspect
Harper guilty on misdemeanor charge
Former Meridian Police Department officer Dean Harper was handed a guilty verdict late Thursday for impersonating an employee of the MPD.
- IS SPRING ON THE WAY?
- Free shredding available Saturday
- Leading Edges shows drone video capture equipment to local Civitan group
- Missouth acquires old Sears building
- Peavey promotes healthy living
- Citizens plan protest at police department
- VFD gets boost with donation
- More Local News Headlines
- Meridian leading state search and rescue training