Little information was available Friday in a shooting that occurred in Choctaw County, Ala.
Following up on a tip about a possible Thursday shooting in Choctaw County near Butler, Ala., The Meridian Star called the Choctaw County Sheriff's Department and was told by a receptionist that any inquiries would have to go through the Alabama Bureau of Investigations.
A spokesperson for the ABI said the agency had been requested to assist the Choctaw County Sheriff's Department in the investigation of a shooting, but that any details about the shooting would have to come from the sheriff's department.
A message was left for Choctaw County Sheriff's Department Chief Kenneth Thomas and Sheriff Tom Abate, but neither one returned The Meridian Star's phone calls.
The time or location of the shooting is unknown, as is the condition of the shooting victim.
- Local News
- Second shooting in two days
- Officials tout benefits of Boys and Girls Club building
- Man arrested in connection with 2013 shooting
- Local Mississippi Scholars recognized
- One man shot in incident
- Groundbreaking for new EMSH Dietary Building
- County seeks grant, city partnership for new community center
- 10-year old gunshot victim still critical
- Local Red Cross volunteers assist families
- Officials warn of missed jury duty scam
- More Local News Headlines