Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Joseph T. Boyd III has graduated from the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power School at Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, S.C.
Nuclear Power School is a rigorous six-month course that trains officer and enlisted students in the science and engineering fundamental to the design, operation, and maintenance of naval nuclear propulsion plants.
Graduates next undergo additional instruction at a prototype training unit before serving as a Surface Warfare Officer aboard a nuclear-powered surface ship or as an Electronics Technician aboard a nuclear-powered submarine.
Boyd is the son of Donna and Joseph Boyd II of Meridian.
His wife, Samantha, is the daughter of Timothy and Lorri Hiebert of Sacramento, Calif.
The sailor is a 2009 graduate of Sheldon High School, Sacramento, Calif.
- Local News
- Second shooting in two days
- Officials tout benefits of Boys and Girls Club building
- Man arrested in connection with 2013 shooting
- Local Mississippi Scholars recognized
- One man shot in incident
- Groundbreaking for new EMSH Dietary Building
- County seeks grant, city partnership for new community center
- 10-year old gunshot victim still critical
- Local Red Cross volunteers assist families
- Officials warn of missed jury duty scam
- More Local News Headlines