Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Joseph T. Boyd III has graduated from the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power School at Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, S.C.
Nuclear Power School is a rigorous six-month course that trains officer and enlisted students in the science and engineering fundamental to the design, operation, and maintenance of naval nuclear propulsion plants.
Graduates next undergo additional instruction at a prototype training unit before serving as a Surface Warfare Officer aboard a nuclear-powered surface ship or as an Electronics Technician aboard a nuclear-powered submarine.
Boyd is the son of Donna and Joseph Boyd II of Meridian.
His wife, Samantha, is the daughter of Timothy and Lorri Hiebert of Sacramento, Calif.
The sailor is a 2009 graduate of Sheldon High School, Sacramento, Calif.
- Local News
- Down the Drain
- Costume tour plans announced
- Organizers say 2014 State Games of Mississippi a success
- Fundraiser to benefit local organizations
- Popular stock seminar to be held once again at MSU-Meridian
- The city of Meridian is draining Long Creek Reservoir
- INTERSTATE ACCIDENT LEAVES 1 INJURED
- Lumber company announces Philadelphia expansion
- Man shot in leg
- NLWA issues boil water notice
- More Local News Headlines