MERIDIAN — Alan Gerard, left, National Weather Service-Jackson Meteorologist-in-Charge, presents a plaque to Naval Air Station Meridian Commanding Officer Capt. Charles C. Moore II, designating NAS as a StormReady Community. StormReady is a nationwide program of the National Weather Service that helps communities protect their citizens during severe weather, and encourages communities to take a proactive approach to improving local hazardous weather operations. NAS Meridian is the fourth government or military site to earn the National Weather Service's StormReady designation in Mississippi.
- Local News
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- Downtown Art Crawl Tuesday
- More Local News Headlines