MERIDIAN — Ashley Harris, a Northeast Middle School teacher, and Pam Eldridge show the audience how much the school collected during a fundraiser to help Harris' sister, Brandie Boles. In December, Boles was diagnosed with breast cancer. Harris had her hair cut as part of the fundraiser. Student Jami Randall cuts Harris' hair with help from Eldridge. Harris gets a big kiss from her sister, Brandie. Randall and fellow student Jalin Harris were selected in a drawing to snip Harris' locks.
- Local News
Authorities searching for suspect
Deputies with the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department and agents with the East Mississippi Drug Task Force got into a shootout with a man they suspected was involved in the shooting of a child last week in Marion.
- School locked down after shots fired
- Chase ends with an arrests
- City still looking at Threefoot proposals
- Pay increases, merit raises for Miss. teachers
The Voice in the Darkness
Last week was a time to remember and honor a certain part of emergency services but likely very few people took notice.
MPD investigating weekend robberies
Meridian Police Department officers responded to a half dozen calls of robberies in Meridian over the weekend.
Confederate Memorial Day flag dedication
A Confederate States Flag Dedication Service will be take place Sunday, April 27, at 2 p.m. in the Enterprise Confederate Cemetery.
- County attorney questions animal control methods
- First year teacher earns love, respect of students
- More Local News Headlines
- Authorities searching for suspect