For all you grownup kids: Our eight-week classes begin Monday – that’s tomorrow, folks! (I’ve noticed that retired people quickly forget what day of the week it is)
As a reminder ... we are open to adults 21 years of age and older. If you live in Meridian, the fee is $20 for one class; outside the city, $25. People over the age of 55 pay half price.
You’ll find that some classes cost a bit more due to materials provided. Computer classes are $15 for a five week class. We are teaching Windows 7 and 8 Monday nights, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
The following classes are still available. Help us keep these instructors busy by signing up:
• Floor Exercise with Kay Nelson, from 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
• Decorative Painting with Joyce Luke, from 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. and from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Line Dancing, from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Slimnastics with Brenda Golisch, from 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
• Color Pencil Techniques with Don Shaffer, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Cake Decorating, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Crochet, from 9 a.m.-noon
• Color Pencil Techniques with Don Shaffer, from 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
• Basic Sewing with Zielda Gandy, from 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
• Knitting with Theresa Twente, from 9 a.m.-noon
• Pine Needle Basket Weaving/Gourd work with Millie, from 9 a.m.-noon
All other classes usually fill up with no problem but if you have a question about any, call (601) 485-1812.
Our newest instructor Zielda Gandy wants to teach sewing – and what a good time to introduce this class, which will begin Thursday afternoon.
You will need to bring a sewing machine with you, a good pair of scissors, straight pins (Zielda will let you know what else you’ll need) ... and creativity. Imagine making whimsical Christmas stockings for your grandchildren or friends. Have you ever seen red and green striped high-heeled stockings with curled toes? Hot glue a strip of fur along the top ... well, I digress.
It will be a fun class, as well as learning all about your machine. Sewing colorful placemats will be a breeze.
Our ceramics studio is sure to be a colorful place to work in the next month or two. Carole Ewing will be busy pouring the molds, while you can clean and paint them in preparation for the holidays. We have both Thanksgiving and Christmas to decorate for – and what a cute present: a handmade bowl filled with mints or nuts to give as a gift!
Carole will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 5 p.m. Her phone number is (601) 485-1810.