The Meridian Star
The May meeting of the Hickory MHV Club included discussion of club business and the welcoming of a new member.
The May 11, 2013, meeting was held in the fellowship hall of Hickory Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church and opened with devotional song, followed by a reading from Ecclesiastics 3:1-6 by Billie Robinson and prayer by Daisy Nichols, club president.
During the business session, the minutes were read by Leora Chapman, secretary; they were approved as read.
Highlights of the meeting included:
• Nichols presented blue ribbons to Wesley Chapel Church.
• Nichols attended a computer workshop at the Newton County Extension Service Office in Decatur.
• The club donated 50 canned goods to the Newton Post Office in observance of Postal Letter Carriers Day.
• The club agreed to sponsor a Magnolia tree in honor of member Anna McKee.
• Barbara Coleman made dresses for children oversees.
• Billie Robinson and Leora Chapman decorated windows at Newton Public Library windows for the month of June.
Addie R. Jones was welcomed to the club as a new member.
Six members were in attendance for the meeting, which was hosted by Daisy Nichols.
The meeting closed with the MHV Creed.