MERIDIAN — A celebration of the 90th birthday of Ruby L. Wallace Roberson was held Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at Bridge Street Grill in Enterprise. Forty-eight family members and friends attended the celebration. Mrs. Roberson was born Jan. 15, 1924, in Butler, Ala. She married Jamie E. Roberson in 1942, and the couple resided in Whynot for 68 years. Mrs. Roberson has four children, Betty Manasco, Jimmy E. Roberson, Anita Whittington and Frankie Beckham; 11 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She continues to garden, shop and is known for being a great cook.
- FIVE GENERATIONS
Meridian High School theater students have promise — a sense of hope about the future
My name is Elizabeth Hines and I am a teacher.
That sounds like the opening to an AA meeting, but sometimes I feel like that’s how people look at me based on where I teach.
- Local schools announce Honor Rolls for Third Nine Weeks
Who can do tai chi?
Meridian Activity Center has always been open for people ages 21 and above. It was the sign “Senior Citizen Center” that threw everyone.
- ECCC Choir in concert April 22
- Mississippi Symphony Orchestra in concert at UWA
- Area schools release honor rolls for third nine weeks
- 'Tarzan' musical opens Thursday at MCC McCain Theater
- MLT announces cast of 'Anything Goes'
- Collinsville Community Development Club
- More Life Headlines