MERIDIAN — A celebration of the 90th birthday of Ruby L. Wallace Roberson was held Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at Bridge Street Grill in Enterprise. Forty-eight family members and friends attended the celebration. Mrs. Roberson was born Jan. 15, 1924, in Butler, Ala. She married Jamie E. Roberson in 1942, and the couple resided in Whynot for 68 years. Mrs. Roberson has four children, Betty Manasco, Jimmy E. Roberson, Anita Whittington and Frankie Beckham; 11 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren. She continues to garden, shop and is known for being a great cook.
- Elephant ears can add to garden color, texture
- Center Hill Community Development Club
- Long Creek Community Development Club
- Fall webworms are here
DYWM contestants arrive in Meridian today
Thirty-five of the state's brightest young ladies will be in Meridian this week to represent their county in the Distinguished Young Women of Mississippi 2015 Program.
MMA to host closing ceremony for current exhibits
A closing ceremony for current exhibits at Meridian Museum of Art will be held Sunday, from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Support your local businesses
- Singers, songwriters bring tour to MSU Riley Center
- center hill cdc
- ‘Little season’ opens with garden party at West Brier
- More Life Headlines