Last Sunday's newspaper had 28 pages of land sales for unpaid taxes.
One page had 184 sales listed. If that was average, then almost 5,000 properties are selling for unpaid taxes.
Could it be that our supervisors and other politicians do not know that our community is in financial trouble and it it time to stop lavish spending as people are losing their homes and businesses. This is serious.
- Letters: Sunday, March 2, 2014
- Letters: Sunday, February 23, 2014
- Letters to the Editor February, 16 2014
The East Central Mississippi Mayors Association, established in 2006, is a nonpartisan organization made up of participating mayors in east central Mississippi. The association endeavors to coordinate planning activities so far as municipal governments are involved by working together for a common good, to serve as an interchange of ideas and information by governments within the organization on common problems, and to further the relationships of municipal governments in the designated counties.
- Letters to the Editor
- Sunday, December 15, 2013
- Letters: Sunday, December 8, 2013
- Sunday, November 24, 2013
- Letters: Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Letters: Sunday, October 27, 2013
- More Letters Headlines